FinOps, or Financial Operations, helps you achieve the savings expected from the move to the cloud.
The cloud facilitates access to resources so much that it becomes very simple to self-deploy environments. It is therefore necessary to be particularly vigilant about their management to keep optimum control over costs. Offering more autonomy and responsiveness should not be to the detriment of the framework and control.
Who will monitor that the cost of these fluctuating resources does not explode from month to month? FinOps is a lever that enables you to control or even lighten the bill, which is variable by nature, for your public Cloud infrastructure.
To allow you to exploit the public cloud with complete peace of mind, we provide you with a tailor-made FinOps service.
- Use Cloud Provider tools for better insight and recommendations
- Underutilised resources
- Save the Snapshots/li>
- Archived services used vs. services stored as needed
Leverage the cloud to reduce costs
- Take advantage of the different models of Cloud Providers (reserved instances)
- Dev / Test environments can be interrupted./li>
- Service interruptions during non-working hours
- Create a lifecycle for specific resources using planned actions in the AS group.
Put in place governance, tools and rules
- Manage Tags
- Monitor and manage costs on an ongoing basis
- Automate workflows
- Proactively monitor your costs through triggers
Design and follow good practices
- Choose the right size and instance family
- Use a decoupled approach when possible (1x3 can be 3x1).
- Use Pay as You Go services (lambda, SQS, functions ...)